Scripture has designated that it be the Deacons of the church who lead the church in meeting the physical needs of people. In using the word lead what we mean is that it is every Christian's responsibility to care for the needy but it is the Deacons who are especially called to help regulate how the church carries that mandate out. Diaconal Ministries are those ministries which are overseen by the Deacons of Old Cutler. Each one works to meet the needs of the congregation of Old Cutler and our community.
- Transportation: to coordinate the transportation of our shut-ins to Sunday services, and special events (Christmas, Thanksgiving Eve Services).
- Hurricane Preparedness: to prepare those in our congregation who are unable to in the face of a hurricane, or other impending natural disaster.
- Financial/Employment Helps: help people with employment and financial needs by maintaining a list of who is hiring and helping individuals with resumes.
- Health Ministry: to provide opportunities to help meet the health needs of our congregation and our community, through blood drives, health fairs, and health screenings.
- Potential Assistance List: to meet the physical needs of the widows, orphans, single moms and the elderly of our congregation and to provide a sense of security from the church.
- Events: to help facilitate all the events put on by the Diaconate of the church such as church picnics, the Easter egg hunt, and 5th Sundays
- Disaster Response/Relief: to help people recover from catastrophic events that have affected their lives.
2012 Diaconal Team