Dear Old Cutler Family:
In the event of a natural disaster such as a hurricane, we have assembled a team of volunteers to respond to the needs of our church and the community. Our primary efforts will be to help secure homes, for example, by drying in roofs or boarding up broken windows and / or doors with the resources that are available to us.
To help members of Old Cutler Presbyterian Church (OCPC) and other PCA churches and our community recover after a na tural disaster.
Order of Aid:
With the understanding that we cannot help everyone with every need, we are committed to helping whomever we can in widening circles of reach. Toward that end we will help . . .
- To meet the needs of the pastors, OCPC staff and officers.
- To meet the needs of the elderly, single moms and other at risk groups that are part of OCPC.
- To meet the needs of the whole OCPC congregation
- To meet the needs of the community.
What are we (the OCPC Disaster Response Team) willing to do?
- We will perform initial surveys to assess the needs of individuals and determine what help we may or may not be able to give.
- We will initially seek to secure the roof of each person we are going to help, either with tarp or tar paper .
- Remove trees that are preventing the individual from being able to enter or exit their home, resting on their hom e or have done damage to their home.
- Secure any broken windows, doors, etc.
- Point people to where they can acquire needed supplies or services that we cannot perform or supply.
What our OCPC Disaster Response Team and Volunteers will not do:
- We will not become a distribution center for food or water.
- We will not give out money.
- We will not house displaced people in the church facility.
- We will not primarily be concerned with counseling but will work with Alive Again Counseling Ministry to provide those services.
- We will not administer first aid
- We will not rebuild or remodel homes damaged by the storm.
- We will not be inventorying recovery supplies or building / repair materials.
For Hurricane Preparedness Tips Click Here