What We Believe
Old Cutler is a Bible-believing, Christ-centered church that understands we are all broken people in need of Jesus.
We are a church of the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA). The PCA is a family of churches that are doctrinally Reformed. Below is a summary of our core beliefs which are developed in more detail in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
What We Believe About...
We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Spirit of God to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error.
We believe in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity (the Son of God) who became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior of the lost world.
We believe that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
THE CHRISTIAN LIFE:
We believe all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
We believe that the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving him and by making him known to the lost world.
Do you have a question about your faith?
Don't be afraid to ask. Send us a message and we'll have a pastor get back to you soon!
We exist for the glory of God, and through the gospel’s transforming power, we become agents of truth, love, and service, making disciples for Jesus in our city and world.
To glorify God and enjoy Him forever
- a. Being a winsome Presbyterian and Reformed Church in doctrine, polity, and practice
- b. Delighting in God through Christ-centered biblical worship, using both traditional and contemporary worship music in line with our theological commitments and desire to reach our community.
Biblical Preaching and Teaching
- a. Expository preaching of God’s Word through faithfully expounding and applying the Bible, pointing people to the hope of the gospel in Christ.
- b. Discipling God’s people through teaching the Bible, theology, history, and Christian living in appropriate and engaging ways to all ages and levels of Christian maturity.
An Authentic Community of Grace
- a. To foster an honest and open community in the gospel where people can live lives of repentance and faith.
- b. To develop small groups where people can grow in their relationships with one another for edification, encouragement, support, and care.
Serving our Community and City
- a. To be a church that seeks to bring the hope of the gospel to Palmetto Bay, Pinecrest, and Cutler Bay through participation in community events, and developing and sponsoring ministries that are inviting and serve the good of these communities.
- b. To equip our membership to both share and defend their faith with truth and grace.
- c. To join our presbytery in planting gospel centered PCA churches which target the diverse cultural, linguistic, and ethnic demographics of Miami Dade County.
- d. To partner with gospel centered ministries of mercy, compassion, and justice in under-resourced communities in our city.
A Heart for the World
- a. To develop a comprehensive world mission strategy focused on yet not exclusive to the Caribbean and Latin America.
- b. To recruit, equip, resource, and support missionaries from OCPC to short-term and career missions both in our target area and to furthest reaches of the world.